Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fuck McDonald's!

Alright.

So this doesn't happen to me too often: an urge, a craving for a McDonald's hamburger. At 11 PM.

I was sitting at home, watching TV, when it took hold of me; I got dressed up in my winter clothes, stepped outside and made my merry way to Mickey D's , where there was a huge line-up of folks.

It crossed my mind to turn around, go to Lafleur instead, where the fast food is of better quality and where, despite my having to walk back past from whence I came, I'd likely still make it home earlier than if I stayed at McDonald's, but that was my craving, and I stayed the course.

A burger with bacon is $2.29, but a cheeseburger with bacon is $1.39, so I asked for 2 cheeseburgers with bacon - but with no cheese. With a large order of fries, and an iced tea with no ice.

It was midnight by the time I made it home, and I promptly opened the paper bag, reached for the first burger, and took a bite, only to realize that not only had they not put any cheese in it, but there was no meat either; essentially, it was a half-strip of bacon BLT with neither L nor T...

It tasted terrible. Yes, for the price I'd paid, I actually tried eating it, the McDonald's-flavoured bun, the but of ketchup, the two pickle slices and the half-strip of bacon... I wanted to puke.

It was too cold to go ask for my money back. Those fucking fuckers had had me again.

No comments: