Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Video Of The Week: Jay-Z And Alicia Keys

I admit it, I'm not Jay-Z's biggest fan; as a matter of fact, I pretty much find him to be the most over-rated rapper out there. But some songs just surpass your opinion of someone, like Hard Knock Life had the first time I clung to a Jay-Z song for a while.

And this here is another one. In Empire State Of Mind, he and Alicia Keys sing the praises of their hometown, telling both of its grandeur and warning its trappings; the City That Never Sleeps is the one place that most closely resembles my City, and is the one place I miss when my town goes amiss.

Even on the YouTube page's comments, the first one, from Ashkan22289, states:
I come from Germany and everytime I listen this song I remember my year I stayed in Montreal, it was amazing and love the big cities especially NYC, LA and MTL (Montreal)

P.S: I lvoe this song :D
Yeah, I like it when my town's acknowledged, too. I sing its own praises whenever I can. I also sing NYC's praises often enough.

I also ''lvoe'' this song. I hope you do too.


No comments: