Monday, November 29, 2010

R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen




While I believe the man hadn't made me laugh a single time since the late 1980s, it is hard to deny the career of someone who has played in over 100 films and 1500 TV shows - even if a big chunk of those films are poor parodies such as Superhero Movie, Scary Movie 4, 2001: A Space Travesty, Stan Helsing, Dracula: Dead And Loving It, Wrongfully Accused and An American Carol.

Then again, in this whole wide world, there are far more people like, say, my mother, who think he is a top-notch comedic talent than people like myself, film-school grads who watch 5 to 25 films a week and are over-saturated with repetitiveness.

So... R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen, and kudos on a job well done, on an impeccable deadpan delivery, and on being born in Canada. Your work for the Police Squad with your Naked Gun will live on forever.

And it seems he got along with the ladies... can't hate a ladies' man.


No comments: