Thursday, June 16, 2011

Video Of The Week: Eddie Vedder

I had wanted to feature this video for two weeks, but decided against it, first with a small tribute to an important creator who had passed away, then with the cheese that I couldn't get out of my head, but I finally have a chance to feature Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder - whose band will play Montréal on September 7th and Ottawa on my birthday a week later! - singing Can't Keep from his ''new'' solo album Ukelele Songs.

I single out the word ''new'' because many Pearl Jam fans had had their hands on some version of the songs on that album for years now, and Can't Keep itself is from PJ'S Riot Act record, not a ''cover'' per se because, like three-quarters of all PJ songs, it was written by Vedder alone.

Once again, the video's is themed around water, with Vedder simply singing the song solo, on his ukelele, atop a mountain on a small island surrounded by water. Simple stuff, but very effective.








Here's a version by Pearl Jam, should you feel like comparing:


No comments: