Friday, July 8, 2011

Lack Of Gonzoisms

I'm at my best when I write angry, or in total fucking pain. I know that.

When I'm only mildly in pain - as has been the case in the past few months - my writing becomes more static, more common, it loses its edge, part of its meaning, and most of its personality.

That's why I've been keeping away from the keyboard a bit, because I don't feel like submitting (all 4 of) my readers to sub-par writing. And because I haven't drank in over a month.

My best friend Alex, from Mexico, has been trying to encourage me to write at least one post a day, but I can't bring myself to do it. I'll try, for realz, but I don't want this once-pride-worthy blog to dip below the Mason-Dixon line of what I can stand to have my name attached to.

But worry not: the (Federal) Tax Man has come asking me for $7500 I don't have, so I'm bound to get pissed off soon enough...

1 comment:

john said...

I know. Why not write a post about how it takes so goddamn long for you to choose a song for the Red Wedge show.. or maybe one about how fricken inspired the Mighty Triangle is... I have the power of the pyramid. You know with a little mascara you could be the next Nick Kent... or a lot of speed you could be the next Lester Bangs...