Friday, July 22, 2011

Video Of The Week: Soundgarden

Sure, they're the worst live show I've ever seen, but on record, they rocked as hard as dry shit.

I don't know about their comeback, but in their heyday, Soundgarden were a force to be reckoned with from Fopp to Louder Than Love (featuring a track even Guns N' Roses covered, Big Dumb Sex), to the ear-shattering Badmotorfinger.

And even the hit-packed sellout Pearl Jam-wanna be record, Superunknown - from which this was the first single back in 1994 - has its moments.

I didn't think much of this track, especially lyrics-wise, back in the day, but the riff has survived and now finds its place among (The White Stripes') Seven Nation Army and (Led Zeppelin's) Heartbreaker and Whole Lotta Love as songs I warm up with by playing in rehearsal before my own shows.

No comments: