Monday, August 8, 2011

Tom Morello Speaks Out

These past couple of years, one of the musical projects that have resonated in my heart as much as in my ears is The Nightwatchman, Tom Morello's solo project after years as lead guitarist of seminal band Rage Against The Machine and the Pearl Jam-sounding side project Audioslave with Chris Cornell.

If anything, The Nightwatchman makes up for Audioslave's lackluster last 2 records, including one which I hold responsible for the end of my purchasing CDs on a regular basis.

In an interview with Gibson Guitars' website, he talks about the origin of his Nightwatchman project, as well as the early 90s' then-emerging rock scene (with a few choice quotes about Pearl Jam's influence in later music) and the five records that influenced him the most - two of which would maybe make my own list, but I'd take Public Enemy's Fear Of A Black Planet over It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back.

No comments: