Monday, June 18, 2012

Rodney King Died???

I lost track of the news this weekend, stuck in the middle of a lodging triangle octagon where I was moving from one place to another, storing my leftover stuff somewhere else with former roommates, who got evicted, calling in movers at the last minute with ''an emergency surcharge'', only to have to cancel them when I was offered storing space from the new tenant at the first place - who happened to be the neighbour... lost yet? So am I, kinda...

Anyway, Rodney King died. And we still haven't gotten along.


In my country, at least, police brutality isn't based on the colour of one's skin, but instead on social status: the youth, students, and people dressed in black are the targets, occupying the cops so much they haven't arrested actual criminals in 4 months...

But out of dark times always comes a better world. Problem is finding out if the hard times are counted in months, years, decades or centuries - you can never tell when in the middle of the turmoil. But decadent times call for misdemeanors.

No comments: