Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Video Of The Week: Aerosmith

Aerosmith were in town last weekend. I didn't go, a bit because I'm not too big a fan (I despise everything they made post-1995, for one), it was actually held in a suburb and also because there's a chance I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

By many accounts, they did their best despite having become a caricature of themselves, and rocked out to their 1970s material first and foremost, forgoing their recent decade of ballads and ill-advised attempts at ''blues''.

But between their 1977 heyday and their second golden age (87-89), most people forget the era where Steven Tyler wore eyeliner and Joe Perry wasn't even in the band anymore...

This piece of cheese is here to remind them of those times, and I chose a video with ''special effects'', too, to show that the Alicia Silverstone era wasn't the only one in which Steven Tyler and the boys dabbled with technology...



In all honesty, the guitar riff wasn't too bad, but the lyrics reek of cheese and the ''rock-and-roll'' song structure kind of makes me gag. And the production renders the whole thing Poison-like. And they were also in town a few days ago, with Def Leppard.

Maybe I'm dead, and this is Purgatory.

No comments: