Monday, February 11, 2013

AC/DC All Day

I don't think I'd ever listened to AC/DC this loud for this long; I'm Thunderstruck!

When I was younger, aged 12, when The Razors Edge came out - I'd already known AC/DC through borrowing the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap cassette at the library - and I jumped on the tape the day it was released, a week or so after my birthday in 1990. I wore it out by listening to it too much, so in 1991, I purchased it on CD. It became part of a rotation of albums I'd put on when I went to bed - with Metallica's Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers' Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Pearl Jam's Ten, Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion two discs, and Lou Reed's Transformer.

My parents weren't all that into ''the rock'', and so the volume wouldn't even be at 1, but the songs would repeat all night long, so I was rocked to sleep regularly.

Today's soundtrack:
Mistress For Christmas
Big Balls
Moneytalks
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Got You By The Balls
For Those About To Rock (We Salute You!)
Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
You Shook Me (All Night Long)
Sink The Pink
Playing With Girls
Jailbreak!
Are You Steady
Thunderstruck

She's Got Balls
Bad Boy Boogie
Whole Lotta Rosie

Hard As A Rock
Songs about sex and rock (and balls!), riffs galore, and primal rock energy. Repeat. Repeat again. Rock on, rock out.

The day was looking bleak, everything was going wrong - now it's all been righted! Thanks, boys!



The thing about AC/DC is whether they're singing about testicles, women or the state of our economic system (or even Hell), they always do it balls-out hard, full throttle, and with a contagious smile that can't help but suck you in.

No comments: