Saturday, March 9, 2013

Video Of The Week: Melissa Auf Der Maur

Melissa Auf Der Maur is a favourite of mine, constantly in my mp3 players, and in my dream line-up of people I'd want to play music with. Her live shows are fucking awesome, although she could choose better opening acts...

She has played many roles in life and in music, as the frontwoman of a band she formed herself (Tinker), she played in an almost-all-girl band (Hole) and as the token girl in an egomaniac's (Billy Corgan) pet project (Smashing Pumpkins).

But it's with her own, solo project that she shines brightest, with this video, Out Of Our Minds, also the title of her second record, released in 2010. She had a baby last year, so I don't expect a lot of new music on her part for the next couple of years, but her older material is good enough to tide me until then.



No comments: