Saturday, January 23, 2016

Video Of The Week: The Cure

There are a few bands I want to go see live this year, including Pearl Jam and The Cure, whom I have seen before. I've talked a lot about PJ on this here blog, but somehow I'd never featured The Cure, who very well may rank in my top-5 favourite bands of all time (and definitely are alwys in my top-10).

I've covered them many a time (Lovesong being a staple from 1998-2009, Wrong Number in 2005 and 2007), and decided I should feature one of their best songs and biggest hits this week in a video directed by Tim Pope, who later directed the feature film The Crow: City Of Angels:



It consists mainly of lead singer and main Cure figurehead Robert Smith in a cave where The Fraggles (a.k.a. Fraggle Rock) wouldn't have felt out of place. Great song, though.

No comments: